Friday, June 4, 2010

Sad story and project help

My last diaper bag ripped, so I started using the free one the hospital gave us. It works great and though I don't think it would be good for new born items because the inside is flimsey, its great to lug around toddler stuff. Apart from sippy cups. They just don't want to fit anywhere. Last week I was in a hurry so I threw the sippy cup into the middle compartment instead of trying to force it into the side pocket. And water went everywhere! Only I didn't realize how bad it was. I thought its just dribbled a little as sippy cups tend to do but the contents had indeed found their way over books, diapers hubbys camera :-(

Its working again but the lens is blurry so we will have to see if we can take it apart and fix it. In the mean time I feel awful for breaking a camera and can't share any fun pictures of the projects I have been working on.

Ahh projects...I have about a hundred and three projects lurking around my house, all unfinished. A lot of them I wanted done about a month or two after we moved in...and we have been here a year. I figure one of the best ways to get things done is to make yourself responsible to other people. You guys are my people :-)

Here is a list of a few of the things I am working on:

Curtain ties: Right now I am using scraps of fabric to hold back our curtains. UGLY. I have the fabric and just need to whip up some nice looking ties. I also want to add a simple valance.

Pilows: I have the fabric, the design, and a bunch finished without snaps. The thing holding me back is that I have some pillows I want to cover in a box, which is under another box, and about 10 more boxes in Quinns room and I need to know the size of them. Why is moving boxes so hard? Not sure but I just need to get in there and do it.

Comforter: I am making a comforter for the twin bed in Quinn's room so there is some color and everything is matchy matchy. I was on a role with this until I realized that I messed up and cut a couple of pieces too short. I finally cut out some more..and I cut it too short again! Aparently I can not measure. Mistakes like this make it so hard to get a project finished.

Window boxes: We started building these fabulous window boxes before Christmas. We have one almost finished. It turned out being a lot higher than we planned but it gives us tons of extra storage. With this one we need to add a few supports in the inside and attach the lid. Then put molding around the front. The second one has the upholstery and lining done but some of the wood is unstained. As I am pregnant I can't whip out a brush and finish this up and the best way to get it done is to help set it up and let Peter take care of it.

So those are the projects at the top of my list. I'll keep you guys updated!

No comments: