Thursday, June 11, 2009

MN Trip


Quinn and I had a fabulous time in Minnesota! We hung out with family, played with my crazy dog, and did lots of english homework ( it was as if David's teacher was trying to see just how far she could push her students before they cracked). Lyden took the time to help improve my tennis skills. Well ok, it wasn't really improviing, it was more learning how to hold the racket, yes I wasn't even doing that right, but it was a lot of fun. We got even more exercise riding bikes around the beautiful Maple grove trails.
My Mum and I spent hours sewing. She patiently helped me work on some current projects I had going to help decorate my apartment and consequently we made lots of trips to JoAnn's. Heaven! We also got a chance to attend the Minnesota temple which was a beautiful, peaceful and spritual experience. I had not been able to attend a temple session with my mother for the past two years and so I was grateful for the opportunity to go with her.
Quinn and I missed Peter like crazy and I think he might have missed us just a teensie bit.
Its so hard to be away from family but I don't particulary want to live in MN so I have decided we might just need to get rid of the states in between here and there so we can be closer! It was a fun and relaxing trip and I hope to go back soon :-)



Papi and Quinn at Minnetonka Lake

We had fun playing at the beach at the Minnetonka Lake

Quinn and Aunt Joanie





Quinn tried his first solid foods while we were at Granma's and Papi's. He took the first spoonful really well and swollowed it too! But any other attempts were thwarted by flailing arms, grimaces and a moving head. He did not want any more of the rice cereal! We gave the left over's to Paige (our cockerspanial) and even she wouldn't touch it and she eats everything!!! Today we tried mixing it with breastmilk and it went a lot better and he even seemed to enjoy it.


Quinn and Uncle David

Quinn and Granma Jen

1 comment:

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I bet you did miss your hubby though... at least you got to take Quinn with you! I love the Minnesota area but I echo you as far as not really wanting to settle there. We lived there last summer and it was fun but I don't think I ever want to live there again. That temple is smaller if I remember right but very beautiful :) Glad you got to visit your family!